I seem to be loving a lot of music by singer/songwriters at the moment partly because I’ve been paying attention to Daytrotter a lot more of late. Jacob Golden‘s album “Revenge Songs” is fantastic. And it’s less than Â£5 at the moment on iTunes, which is pretty nice. The Daytrotter Session is here and is well worth a listen.
A-ha – Take On Me
FDR – Hand’s Up
Sorry for the awful quality. There is exactly 1 video of FDR playing and this is it. Check out his myspace for hi-fi sounds.
We ate some weird foods in Budapest. Not really way out weird, but just a bit different. Here’s my list:
- Sour raspberry and yoghurt flavour Knorr cuppa soup – tastes like raspberry juice but weirder. I can’t understand why you’d drink it as soup. Yuk.
- Fruit corner with yoghurt one one side and strawberry mixed with dessicated coconut on the other – definitely a good combination.
- Cottage cheese corner with cherry compote – tasty because it’s not as sweet as yoghurt. I can’t see why this wouldn’t catch on over here.
- Soft white cheese in a finger stick coated in chocolate with strawberry or apricot down the middle – lovely smooth texture and really tasty.
- Blackberry, blackcurrant, blueberry and banana Solero – I’m sure this one will be in the UK next year.
- Tiramisu chocolate Milka roll – tasty good.
- Cherry and grape juice – hmmm mmmm.
- White cheese and sesame pasty thing from the equivalent of Greggs – worth trying to make at home.
- Pear and carmel yogurt/Apple, cinnamon and cookie yogurt – not too sweet but very yummy.
- Chocolate ball with
petrolliquor centre – tasty but weirdly like petrol.
- Wafers with butter cream and smokey coffee flavours – very sweet. Nice though.
Lynyrd Skynyrd – Sweet Home Alabama
Apollo 440 – Lost in Space