That’s the last day of February so here is my Thing A Day profile so you can see what I’ve been up to!
Last night and tonight I’ve been learning about time lapse photography on my laptop. Here’s what I did, adapted from the tutorial here.
- Make a folder:
- Install streamer:
sudo apt-get install streamer
- Capture images:
streamer -o 0000.jpeg -s 300x200 -j 100 -t 500 -r .01
- -t is the number of frames we want to capture
- -r is frames per second (so -r .01 is a photo every 100 seconds and -r 1 is a photo every second)
- Install ffmpeg
sudo apt-get install ffmpeg
ffmpeg -i %04d.jpeg -r 30 -s hd480 -vcodec libx264 -vpre hq time-lapse.mp4
- This is compressed
ffmpeg -r 12 -i %04d.jpg -vcodec copy time-lapse.mp4
- This is uncompressed
And here’s the end result:
For Thing A Day 2012.
- Rule 1: Always have an escape plan
- Rule 2: Be aware of your surroundings.
- Rule 3: Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.
- Rule 4: Always have a backup plan.
- Rule 5: Never get caught.
- Rule 6: Keep your mouth shut.
- Rule 7: KISS: Keep it simple, stupid.
- Rule 8: Simple and light equals freedom, agility and mobility.
- Rule 9: Prepare, execute and vanish.
- Rule 10: You don’t have to like it-you just have to do it.
- Rule 11: Always invest in good quality stuff.
- Rule 12: Trust your gut.
From Red Team (with the full list here) – what are your rules for life?