- Boil hops were same as last time but no secondary hops
- 1,100g Pale
- 100g Golden Promise
- 100g Lager
- Small piece of ginger (50g max) grated (full boil)
- 60 min mash, 60 min boil, no chilling (instead it went into demi overnight to cool)
- Mangrove Jack West Coast yeast
- Roasted orange peel in secondary for 7 days
- 3.48 litres with 20g demerara sugar for bottling
- OG: 1.044 down to FG: 1.012 making it around 4.7%
Brewclub Tasting Notes:
- Called it an IPA, really liked the orange ness. Not getting much in the way of spice.
- Love it, spice works well. A unique take on a Christmas beer.
- Lots of Orange, hint of ginger, maybe needs more ginger.
- 1st impression is ginger, then something sweet, maybe dates.
- Lovely bitter orange develops. Wish there was more left
Overall I'm annoyed that I didn't put hops into secondary as originally planned but I'm really happy with the end result. I hope that people enjoy their Christmas presents (along with Kev&Jono's Imperial Stout AND my treacle chilli stout!).