I’ve found a few cool short films over the past few months, especially from Short Of The Week – check some of the best ones out below:
From the future with love from Precinct 114 on Vimeo.
The suits in this are brilliant, a great story and some nice characters… a worthy watch.
AMP from Triton Films on Vimeo.
Wow – this robot is so awesome! 🙂
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR ROBOT from Platige Image on Vimeo.
My favourite type of robot.
Sight from Sight Systems on Vimeo.
TRUE SKIN from H1 on Vimeo.
Mobius from Vincent Laforet on Vimeo.
Really simple but with a good theme.
Well… I watched Skyfall last night. I’m not going to put any spoilers here but I will say that it’s a very different film from any that has come before it. It’s a really good film and even if a few things didn’t feel right it was seriously good. 4 years ago almost to the day I wrote some plot suggestions for Bond 23 here – so how many came together? Quite a few!
- Judi Dench in a starring role – check
- Bond at home in London/the UK – check
- More freerunning – a tiny bit… still: check
- Active service in the Navy– nope
- Less CGI – hmmm – mostly
- Give a little bit more back story – check
- A little more humour – a bit
- More of Feilix Leiter – nope
- More “Bond, James Bond.” – no comment
- Training – some – not quite what I had in mind but still, a bit
- More exciting free-time sports – nope
- More homages – oh yeah
- More of the gritty, serious and real feel which some of the reviewers seemed to dislike – oh yeah!
- A little more flirtation – check
- Technology/Gadgets – check
- Some new locations – check
Overall? This film really does deliver something different!
That’s it – last night I finished watching every single Bond film… it’s about time they brought out a new one for me to watch!
Best car chase: The tank chase in Goldeneye
Best other chase: Little Nelly flying fight scene in You Only Live Twice
Best theme: Live & Let Die – Wings
Best car: Aston Martin DB5 from Goldfinger
Best gadget: Rolex ‘Buzzsaw” Submariner watch in Live and Let Die
Best girl: Shirley Eaton as Jill Masterson in Goldfinger (the girl that gets painted gold)
Best location: Basilica Cistern in Istanbul
Best villain: Le Chiffre from Casino Royale
Best Connery film: Thunderball
Best Moore film: The Spy Who Loved Me
Best Lazenby film: None – OHMSS sucks
Best Dalton film: The Living Daylights
Best Brosnan film: Goldeneye (although the first hour of Die Another Day is actually very good)
Best Craig film: Casino Royale – interestingly Goldeneye and Casino Royale had the same director
Best film overall: Casino Royale
Best Bond overall: Sean Connery